10 Things To Know About Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner’s Divorce Filing
Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck announced their separation in 2015, but the celebrity couple have finally put in the divorce papers. Here’s what you need to know about this complicated love story.
- The couple married in 2005 after falling in love on the set of Daredevil.
- After 10 years of marriage and three children, the Hollywood actors announce their separation in 2015.
- Affleck and Garner were reportedly still living under the same roof, but in different areas of their home. On the outside, both put up a united front for their children.
- Ben Affleck admitted he checked himself into rehab for a drinking problem.
- Jennifer Garner filed for divorce Thursday afternoon from Ben Affleck, and the JUSTICE LEAGUE actor Affleck filed his response simultaneously. TMZ reports the petition was filed without the use of a lawyers which means both the petition and Affleck’s response were coordinated.
- Affleck and Garner did not sign a prenup at the time of their wedding so the financial settlement may be the subject of contention.
- Both have filed for joint legal and physical custody of their 3 children.
- TMZ predicts the divorce may become final in 6 months.
- Given both parties filed together may signal that the parents of three are looking for an amicable divorce through mediation without having to set foot in court.
- Celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wassar may be involved in the divorce given the way they went about the filing. That’s her standard M.O. for celebrity couples.